- panic. You can control bed bugs with careful inspection and by using proper control methods.
- try to kill bed bugs by using agricultural or garden pesticides. Using outdoor pesticides to control bed bugs can make you or your family very sick.
- use products that appear to be “homemade” or “custom formulated.” Homemade products could be dangerous and they might make the problem worse.
- use products that have labels in a non-English language.
- apply pesticides directly to your body. This could make you very sick.
- use rubbing alcohol, kerosene or gasoline. These chemicals may cause fires.
- throw away your furniture. Beds and other furniture can be treated for bed bugs. Throwing away your furniture can spread the bugs and you have to buy new furniture.
- Do not store things under the bed. Storing stuff under the bed gives bed bugs many new places to hide. This makes it more difficult to get rid of bed bugs.
- Do not move things from room to room. Moving your things from the room with bed bugs to another room in your house may spread the bed bugs.
- wrap items in black plastic and place in the sun. It will not get hot enough to kill all the bugs.
- try Do It Yourself methods. Bed bugs are extremely hard to get rid of and multiply quickly. Contact a professional Bed Bug Exterminator before the infestation gets out of control.
For a free estimate, call Florida Bed Bug Experts at 1.877.411.2849 or contact us via Request a Quote.